Fluvanna Circuit Courtroom
The courts, also known as the Judicial Affairs Division, is responsible for courthouse security and transportation of prisoners. Each Deputy assigned to the courthouse does their best at:
- Ensuring that order, discipline, and safety are provided to the Court, the public and prisoners.
- Providing courtroom security and protection of life and property in the Fluvanna County courts.
- Escorting prisoners to and from court.
- Being present in court at all times when the court is in session.
- Verifying Jurors for duty.
- Performing security checks for dangerous items and contraband upon entry to the courthouse
In addition to courthouse security and transportation of prisoners, this division assists the civil division in the service and processing of papers. On the days when there is no court these individuals serve civil papers ranging from jury summons to witness subpoenas.
Listed below is telephone information for Fluvanna County Courts located at 172 Main Street Palmyra VA, 22936.
- Fluvanna County Circuit Court 434-591-1970 xtn:1042
- Fluvanna County General District and Juvenile District Court 434-591-1980
- Fluvanna County Jury Line 434-591-2007
- United States Federal District Court in Charlottesville 434-295-3148
Listed below is telephone and website information for jails in Central Virginia.